Rephrase is a Techstars backed company, building generative AI platform to make video creation as simple as writing text. We’ve built an AI engine which can take in any piece of text as input and create a professional-quality video of a given person to speak that.
For us, this is just the start. Our vision is to automate all edtech content, marketing content, and eventually, build a system that takes a Hollywood script as input and automatically renders an entire film as output. This would involve multiple characters, interaction between them, and adding complex environment around them. Our current technology is at the cutting edge of AI and we find this an incredibly exciting technical problem to solve.
As you can expect from our lofty ambitions, we are creating a team of excellent people (read geeks – we are geeks and we love geeks) who are equally excited about this future or more!
We are hiring for the following roles:
Senior Applied Deep Learning Researcher
Why should you join?
- We work on the cutting edge of AI and are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible today.
- Our team is ex-Facebook, Google, Adobe, etc. You’ll mentor a team of highly proficient young researchers and work on multiple projects, that will help you build a deeper understanding of deep learning at a rapid pace.
- You’ll be working very closely with the founding team, you also have the chance to significantly influence and drive the direction of the company.
- For the thrill of an early stage startup going from zero to one.
- We expect a MS/PhD in some field of deep learning and/or 5+ years of industry experience in the field.
- We really focus on a strong foundation, so knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of computer science like linear algebra, formulating optimization problems, are expected.
Full-stack and Frontend Software Engineering Interns
Why should you join?
- You get to build products on this rare technology that very few people in the world have access to (let your mind go wild, internal hackathons are a regular feature)
- Starting with coding/engineering solutions, you'll have the guidance and opportunity to grow with the team and lead it. This is one of the fastest hacks to grow.
- Working very closely with the founding team, you also have the chance to significantly influence and drive the direction of the company
- Thrill of an early stage startup going from zero to one
- Opportunity to work with some of the best minds in a small team - our team members are from companies like Facebook, Google, Adobe etc.
Your general work would be a mix of:
- Hacking/rapid prototyping (react frontend, django backend) as you roll out new products
- Exposing API to enterprises – making it stable, clean and simple
- Dealing with video production/hosting at scale – managing microservices on kubernetes that runs our end-to-end text-to-video pipeline
- Proven ability of learning new technologies and delivering, based on past projects
- Strong understanding of basic database concepts
- Familiarity with kubernetes is a plus
- Above all, we will look for a passion for working in a fast-paced startup environment and solving challenging problems.